Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 2 of blogging and running my ass off.

Well, I'm sitting down for the 1st time today. I do sit down for the day, but I'm usually scanning the room for what sort of destruction is going to happen next, it seems to help if you can anticipate the next move (of the toddler, of course.) My wonderful Grandmother watched dear Olive for a bit today so I could work on some clothing. I have some new listings that I have just posted today: HERE - for some reason the theme of my projects today were red. Cherry red. I think I am holding onto color while it still here, because it is only August and winter is already looming over my head.

I had a helper today while I was putting together a few things, such inspiration and destruction all in the same cute little package. (Destruction is the magic word of the day.)Onto another topic, it just took my computer 2 days to upload this picture. I think its time for a new computer, my old computer from 10 years ago was faster.

I discovered something amazing yesterday: estate sales. Don't look at me like that. Yeah, I should know about them, I know, but I live in South Dakota. Unless you go to Wal-Mart, its completely non-existant. I found the most amazing linens and a vintage cake pan, its amazing! I love finding beautiful things that someone once treasured, and instead of throwing is out, I can create it into something someone can treasure once again. Yikes, gives me the goosebumpies. It can be such a wonderful circle. Hakuna matata? Wait, the circle of life, maybe. Alright, its all Lion King. At any rate, check out how you can fine some old treasures that can become new once again. The age old saying, recycle, reuse and reduce.

More tomorrow, I wish there were 5 more hours in a day..

1 comment: